I leave for two weeks and... ?!?!?!?

July 20, 2012:

It has to be the absence of my sunny disposition that makes the sky open up and unleash the deluge when I'm on the road... that neat little thriving garden took on the attributes of Audrey from "Little Shop of Horrors"-

Crikey!

As previously noted, the fluid nature of soil causes it to subside and compact downward, especially under the influence of a good rain.  What I failed to forecast was what it would do after a ridiculous amount of rainfall- it started pushing outwards as well. The once neatly-arranged palisade planks now take on the general arrangement of an orthodontist's mother lode:


And as the pressure mounts, the already-shaky masonry foundation demonstrates the stress by separating, stone by stone.  
Looks as though I'll be taking steps to enhance the garden's structural integrity, which invariably means another assault on aesthetics.  Stay tuned...

Comments